Theology & Religious Studies
The Theology and Religious Studies thematic group is composed of representatives of the Faculties/Schools of Theology and Religious Studies of the LERU Universities. Its steering committee currently includes:
- Reiner Anselm (University of Munich)
- Kirsten Busch Nielsen (University of Copenhagen)
- Mathijs Lamberigts (KU Leuven)
- Petri Luomanen (University of Helsinki)
- Nathan MacDonald (University of Cambridge)
- Konrad Schmid (University of Zurich)
As clearly expressed in their statement on the importance of research on religion for Europe’s societies, particular interest is devoted to the importance of research on religion through the identification of pressing societal problems where research on religion can play an important role and could lead to actual project proposals.
Exchange of views among doctoral students, post docs and professors is also a core aim, to foster the dialogue between the different sub disciplines of Theology and Religious Studies and to enhance opportunities for networking. A first seminar for doctoral students, postdocs and early career researchers was held in Cambridge on Sept 11-14, 2019.